NVXL is seeking an exceptional candidate for enterprise release management. You will work closely with development, test, IT, and product marketing to put in place a proper structure so that releases can be deployed and updated in a scalable manner to a large customer base in enterprise as well as public cloud.
Main ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibility of the release manager is to govern the movement of releases through the build, test, and production environments. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Establish a consistent release management and distribution process on a common release calendar across multiple departments.
- Establish standard mechanisms for Non-Disruptive Upgrade and Downgrade.
- Define standards for release playbooks and release-related performance indicators.
- Inform senior management of exposure to release risk and mitigate them.
- Measure release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics.
- Forecast demand for release resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency.
- BS in computer science/engineering, electrical engineering, information systems or related discipline
- 3+ years of expertise and leadership in Release Management
- 2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery
- Experience with automation tools and choosing tools and solutions for release management and distribution
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation, negotiation, and working with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills to discern critical from minor problems, identify and eliminate redundancies, and innovate new solutions
Software Engineer – Enterprise Release Management